Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however as well suffer the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Optima, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably impact the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Kia Optima. To do this, first, we will see in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Kia Optima, then where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Optima .
Why change blinker fuses on Kia Optima?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Kia Optima by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Kia Optima anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Kia Optima . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Kia Optima when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Optima?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Kia Optima is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic components and there may be several fuses related to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. On the other hand, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Kia Optima .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Kia Optima
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Kia Optima’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Kia Optima.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Kia Optima , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Kia Optima
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Kia Optima, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Optima, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Kia Optima, take a look at the Kia Optima category.