Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Hyundai Sonata, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly affect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Hyundai Sonata. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Hyundai Sonata, then where is the turn signal fuse on Hyundai Sonata .
Why change blinker fuses on Hyundai Sonata?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Hyundai Sonata by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Hyundai Sonata anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Hyundai Sonata . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Hyundai Sonata when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Hyundai Sonata?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Hyundai Sonata is. The turn indicators are connected to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses connected to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Hyundai Sonata .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Hyundai Sonata
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Hyundai Sonata’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Hyundai Sonata.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Hyundai Sonata , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Hyundai Sonata
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Hyundai Sonata, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Hyundai Sonata, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Hyundai Sonata, go to our Hyundai Sonata category.