Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Audi A6, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Audi A6. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it might be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Audi A6, then where is the turn signal fuse on Audi A6 .
Why replace blinker fuses on Audi A6?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Audi A6 by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Audi A6 anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Audi A6 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Audi A6 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Audi A6?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Audi A6 is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic components and there might be some fuses connected to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Audi A6 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Audi A6
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Audi A6’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi A6.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Audi A6 , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Audi A6
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Audi A6, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi A6, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi A6, go to our Audi A6 category.