Recent cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota 86, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are essential, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the air conditioning fuse on your Toyota 86. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to change the air conditioning fuse on your Toyota 86, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Toyota 86 .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Toyota 86?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Toyota 86 by the benefit of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Toyota 86 anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota 86 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Toyota 86 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Toyota 86?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Toyota 86 is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Toyota 86 .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Toyota 86
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Toyota 86’s air-conditioning system. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Toyota 86.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Toyota 86 , verify all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Remove the air-conditioning fuse(s) attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your car, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Toyota 86
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the air conditioning relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Toyota 86, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or verify your handbook if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the air conditioning fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota 86, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Toyota 86, take a look at the Toyota 86 category.