Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota Iq, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Toyota Iq. To do this, first, we are going to find out in which situations it can be important to change the window fuse of your Toyota Iq, then where the window fuse of your Toyota Iq is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Toyota Iq?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Toyota Iq by the benefit of changing it. You might have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have problems with your car window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Toyota Iq no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Toyota Iq . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a particular tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Toyota Iq when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Toyota Iq?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Toyota Iq . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Toyota Iq .
Position of the power window fuse of your Toyota Iq
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Toyota Iq. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Toyota Iq.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Toyota Iq , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Toyota Iq window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Toyota Iq blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Toyota Iq is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage area.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to find out if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota Iq, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Toyota Iq, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Iq category.