Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Mitsubishi Asx, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Mitsubishi Asx. To accomplish this, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Mitsubishi Asx, then where the window fuse of your Mitsubishi Asx is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Mitsubishi Asx?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Mitsubishi Asx by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Mitsubishi Asx no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Mitsubishi Asx . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Mitsubishi Asx when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Mitsubishi Asx?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Mitsubishi Asx . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is usually a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Mitsubishi Asx .
Position of the power window fuse of your Mitsubishi Asx
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Mitsubishi Asx. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mitsubishi Asx.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Mitsubishi Asx , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Mitsubishi Asx window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Mitsubishi Asx blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out what to do if the window lift fuse of your Mitsubishi Asx is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your vehicle to your garage.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mitsubishi Asx, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Asx, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Asx category.