Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however as well suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Land Rover LR4, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Land Rover LR4. To achieve this, first, we are going to see in which situations it can be important to change the window fuse of your Land Rover LR4, then where the window fuse of your Land Rover LR4 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Land Rover LR4?
So let’s start our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Land Rover LR4 by the significance of changing it. You might have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have problems with your car window, whether it is stuck, or the power window of your Land Rover LR4 no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Land Rover LR4 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Land Rover LR4 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Land Rover LR4?
We will now search for the fuse in the power window of your Land Rover LR4 . It will frequently blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Land Rover LR4 .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Land Rover LR4
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Land Rover LR4. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Land Rover LR4.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Land Rover LR4 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Land Rover LR4 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Land Rover LR4 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Land Rover LR4 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage.
- Take out your door trim
- Check to see if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Land Rover LR4, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Land Rover LR4, go to our Land Rover LR4 category.