Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Honda Ridgeline, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Honda Ridgeline. To get this done, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Honda Ridgeline, then where the window fuse of your Honda Ridgeline is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Honda Ridgeline?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Honda Ridgeline by the significance of changing it. You might have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have problems with your car window, whether it is stuck, or the power window of your Honda Ridgeline no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Honda Ridgeline . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Honda Ridgeline when the power window no longer works . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is the cause of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Honda Ridgeline?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Honda Ridgeline . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in most cases a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Honda Ridgeline .
Location of the power window fuse of your Honda Ridgeline
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Honda Ridgeline. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Honda Ridgeline.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Honda Ridgeline , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to examine the state of your Honda Ridgeline window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Honda Ridgeline blows after changing?
Finally, we will now find out what to do if the window lift fuse of your Honda Ridgeline is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your mechanic.
- Take out your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Honda Ridgeline, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Honda Ridgeline, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Ridgeline category.