Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Mustang, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Ford Mustang. To do this, first, we are going to find out in which circumstances it can be relevant to replace the window fuse of your Ford Mustang, then where the window fuse of your Ford Mustang is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Ford Mustang?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Ford Mustang by the benefit of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, whether it is stuck, or the power window of your Ford Mustang no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Ford Mustang . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Ford Mustang when the power window no longer works . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Ford Mustang?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Ford Mustang . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Ford Mustang .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Ford Mustang
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Ford Mustang. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Ford Mustang.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Ford Mustang , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to verify the state of your Ford Mustang window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Ford Mustang blows after changing?
Finally, we will now find out how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Ford Mustang is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, in any other case take your car to your mechanic.
- Take out your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Mustang, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Ford Mustang, go to our Ford Mustang category.