Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Audi A6, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Audi A6. To get this done, first, we are going to discover in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Audi A6, then where the window fuse of your Audi A6 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Audi A6?
So let’s start our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Audi A6 by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if you have problems with your motor vehicle window, if it is blocked, or the power window of your Audi A6 no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Audi A6 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Audi A6 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is operating effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Audi A6?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Audi A6 . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Audi A6 .
Location of the power window fuse of your Audi A6
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Audi A6. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi A6.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Audi A6 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to check the state of your Audi A6 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your motor vehicle window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
What to do if the power window fuse on my Audi A6 blows after changing?
At last, we will now discover what to do if the window lift fuse of your Audi A6 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are able to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to discover if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi A6, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi A6, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A6 category.