Modern cars are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mazda 6, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to locate the fuse of the parking lights on your Mazda 6. To get this done, first, we will discover in which scenarios it can be significant to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Mazda 6, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Mazda 6 .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Mazda 6?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the parking light fuse of your Mazda 6 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Mazda 6 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Mazda 6 when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Mazda 6?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Mazda 6. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the parking lights of your Mazda 6 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Mazda 6
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Mazda 6’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instructions of your Mazda 6.
- Read the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to locate the parking light fuse of your Mazda 6 , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content page and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Mazda 6
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mazda 6, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mazda 6, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Mazda 6, take a look at the Mazda 6 category.