Modern cars are more and more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Ranger, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Ford Ranger. To get this done, first, we will see in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Ranger, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Ranger .
Why change the parking light fuse on Ford Ranger?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the parking light fuse of your Ford Ranger by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Ranger . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a Ford Ranger when they don’t operate anymore without cause . If your battery is working correctly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Ford Ranger?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Ford Ranger. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper procedure of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Ford Ranger .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Ranger
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Ford Ranger’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ford Ranger.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Ford Ranger , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this content page and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Ford Ranger
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Ranger, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Ranger, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Ranger, go to our Ford Ranger category.