Modern cars are increasingly more pre-loaded with technology and although this provides us comfort, we unfortunately also undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Polo 5, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Volkswagen Polo 5. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Volkswagen Polo 5, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Volkswagen Polo 5 .
Why change the airbag fuse on Volkswagen Polo 5?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the airbag fuse of your Volkswagen Polo 5 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Polo 5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual verify. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Volkswagen Polo 5 when they don’t operate anymore without reason . If your battery is working correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Volkswagen Polo 5?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Volkswagen Polo 5. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper procedure of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Volkswagen Polo 5 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Volkswagen Polo 5
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Volkswagen Polo 5’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Volkswagen Polo 5.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Volkswagen Polo 5 , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content page and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Volkswagen Polo 5
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Polo 5, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Polo 5, or the car radio fuse Volkswagen Polo 5, do not think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Volkswagen Polo 5, go to our Volkswagen Polo 5 category.