Modern cars are progressively more furnished with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mitsubishi Mirage, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Mitsubishi Mirage. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage .
Why change the airbag fuse on Mitsubishi Mirage?
So let’s start our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Mitsubishi Mirage by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Mitsubishi Mirage . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a basic visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Mitsubishi Mirage when they don’t operate anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Mitsubishi Mirage?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Mitsubishi Mirage. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Mitsubishi Mirage’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Mitsubishi Mirage.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Mitsubishi Mirage
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mitsubishi Mirage, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Mitsubishi Mirage, or the car radio fuse Mitsubishi Mirage, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Mirage, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Mirage category.