Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Benz GLC Class, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. To get this done, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be relevant to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Mercedes Benz GLC Class?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Mercedes Benz GLC Class when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Mercedes Benz GLC Class?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the instruction manual of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this article content and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Benz GLC Class, or the car radio fuse Mercedes Benz GLC Class, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.