Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Expedition, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Ford Expedition. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it can be important to change the fuse of the airbag of your Ford Expedition, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Ford Expedition .
Why change the airbag fuse on Ford Expedition?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the airbag fuse of your Ford Expedition by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Expedition . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Ford Expedition when they don’t function anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Ford Expedition?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Ford Expedition. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Ford Expedition .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Ford Expedition
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Ford Expedition’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Ford Expedition.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Ford Expedition , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this content page and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Ford Expedition
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Expedition, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Expedition, or the car radio fuse Ford Expedition, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Ford Expedition, take a look at the Ford Expedition category.