Modern cars are progressively more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we sadly also go through the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Citroen Jumper, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Citroen Jumper. To do this, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Jumper, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Jumper .
Why change the airbag fuse on Citroen Jumper?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Citroen Jumper by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Citroen Jumper . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Citroen Jumper when they don’t work anymore without explanation . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Citroen Jumper?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Citroen Jumper. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Citroen Jumper .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Jumper
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Citroen Jumper’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instructions of your Citroen Jumper.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Citroen Jumper , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Citroen Jumper
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Citroen Jumper, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Citroen Jumper, or the car radio fuse Citroen Jumper, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Citroen Jumper, go to our Citroen Jumper category.