In this post, we are going to address a subject that can be of use to all of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Infiniti Q50 is important. In actual fact, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore replace a wheel, or, access the elements behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first describe the different sort of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Infiniti Q50, and at last, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Infiniti Q50?
So we begin our content page with the different sort of jacks that exist. In actual fact, nevertheless generally most Infiniti Q50 will be equipped with the same sort of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Infiniti Q50 : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally discovered on entry-level models, or with few options. This sort of jack has only one articulated arm that is placed under the car to lift it. This sort of jack is light, easy to use, but does not allow you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Infiniti Q50 : It uses exactly similar principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will allow screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, nevertheless the use of a double arm will allow to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Infiniti Q50 : This sort of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in car centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much less difficult to use and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Infiniti Q50?
We will now start the part that certainly made you come to this article, where is the jack on a Infiniti Q50? It may seem simple, but depending on the car produce and model the location of the jack is not similar. Take note that most Infiniti Q50 vehicles are set up with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Infiniti Q50 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your car, these locations may replace depending on the year and the finish of your Infiniti Q50:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your Infiniti Q50. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less traditional position, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Infiniti Q50 is under your car. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Infiniti Q50?
Finally, we will quickly describe how to use the jack on your Infiniti Q50. If it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your Infiniti Q50, the procedure remains similar. This procedure may seem difficult, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Infiniti Q50, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your car at the level of the underbody, you will usually discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Infiniti Q50, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Infiniti Q50, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q50 category.