In this post, we are going to talk about a subject that can be of use to everyone. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Citroen C4 Picasso 2 is important. In fact, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore change a wheel, or, access the elements behind it such as the brake pads for example. To achieve this, we will first show you the different types of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Citroen C4 Picasso 2, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Citroen C4 Picasso 2?
So we start our article with the different types of jacks that exist. In fact, although generally most Citroen C4 Picasso 2 will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Citroen C4 Picasso 2 : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally identified on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is positioned under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not allow you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Citroen C4 Picasso 2 : It uses exactly similar basic principle as the jack seen above, that is, a worm screw that will allow screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, however the use of a double arm will allow to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Citroen C4 Picasso 2 : This type of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much less complicated to use and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Citroen C4 Picasso 2?
We will now start the part that certainly done you come to this content, where is the jack on a Citroen C4 Picasso 2? It might seem simple, but based on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most Citroen C4 Picasso 2 vehicles are equipped with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Citroen C4 Picasso 2 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations might change based on the year and the finish of your Citroen C4 Picasso 2:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your Citroen C4 Picasso 2. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less traditional position, your jack might be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right part of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Citroen C4 Picasso 2 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will find it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Citroen C4 Picasso 2?
Finally, we will quickly show you how to use the jack on your Citroen C4 Picasso 2. If it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Citroen C4 Picasso 2, the procedure remains similar. This procedure might seem difficult, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Citroen C4 Picasso 2, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will usually find a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Citroen C4 Picasso 2, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Citroen C4 Picasso 2, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C4 Picasso 2 category.