Contemporary cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well suffer the negatives. Many of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Benz C Class, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Mercedes Benz C Class. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it can be important to change the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Benz C Class, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Benz C Class .
Why change the horn fuse to Mercedes Benz C Class?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the horn fuse of your Mercedes Benz C Class by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is really possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Mercedes Benz C Class . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual control. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the horn of a Mercedes Benz C Class when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Mercedes Benz C Class?
We will now look for the place of the horn fuse on your Mercedes Benz C Class . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the solve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you find the fuse for your Mercedes Benz C Class horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Mercedes Benz C Class
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Benz C Class. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Mercedes Benz C Class.
- Read the guidebook on the cover of the fuse box to find the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Benz C Class , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last component of this article and verify your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your Mercedes Benz C Class
At last, we will now discover how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Benz C Class, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manuals if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Benz C Class, or the car radio fuse Mercedes Benz C Class, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz C Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz C Class category.