Contemporary vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the down sides. Many people are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mazda 3, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Mazda 3. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it can be relevant to replace the fuse of the horn of your Mazda 3, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Mazda 3 .
Why replace the horn fuse to Mazda 3?
So let’s start our content on the location of the horn fuse of your Mazda 3 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Mazda 3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Mazda 3 when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Mazda 3?
We will now seek out the location of the horn fuse on your Mazda 3 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the resolve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Mazda 3 horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Mazda 3
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Mazda 3. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Mazda 3.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Mazda 3 , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it’s defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last part of this content and check your horn. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Mazda 3
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the horn relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mazda 3, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mazda 3, or the car radio fuse Mazda 3, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mazda 3, go to our Mazda 3 category.