Contemporary vehicles are more and more fitted with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the down sides. Most of us are not convenient with anything electrical on our Lexus CT, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Lexus CT. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be important to replace the fuse of the horn of your Lexus CT, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Lexus CT .
Why replace the horn fuse to Lexus CT?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the horn fuse of your Lexus CT by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Lexus CT . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual control. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Lexus CT when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is functioning effectively, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Lexus CT?
We will now seek out the place of the horn fuse on your Lexus CT . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the solve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Lexus CT horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Lexus CT
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Lexus CT. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Lexus CT.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Lexus CT , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last component of this article and check your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Lexus CT
At last, we will now find out how to check the status of the horn relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Lexus CT, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your user manual if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Lexus CT, or the car radio fuse Lexus CT, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Lexus CT, go to our Lexus CT category.