Contemporary cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 5 Series, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the horn on your BMW 5 Series. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the horn of your BMW 5 Series, then where is the fuse of the horn of your BMW 5 Series .
Why change the horn fuse to BMW 5 Series?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the horn fuse of your BMW 5 Series by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your motor vehicle horn, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your BMW 5 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the horn of a BMW 5 Series when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the horn fuse on BMW 5 Series?
We will now seek out the place of the horn fuse on your BMW 5 Series . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the correct operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you find the fuse for your BMW 5 Series horn.
Replace the fuse inside the horn of your BMW 5 Series
We will first focus on the inner fuse of the horn of your BMW 5 Series. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your BMW 5 Series.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the fuse of the horn of your BMW 5 Series , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last part of this content page and check your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the fuse on your motor vehicle horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your BMW 5 Series
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the horn relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW 5 Series, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manuals if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 5 Series, or the car radio fuse BMW 5 Series, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the BMW 5 Series, go to our BMW 5 Series category.