Shock absorbers are one of the most important elements of a car’s general performance, so it’s necessary to make sure they’re always in good working conditions. Nevertheless, it’s not easy to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Renault Scenic 2? That’s exactly why our team has created this content page to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is necessary to change the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle, then, when to change the shock absorbers of your Renault Scenic 2, and at last, what is the price to replace them.
Why change shock absorbers Renault Scenic 2?
Before explaining to you when changing the dampers of your Renault Scenic 2 , we will discover why it can be necessary to change them. It is not easy to measure the state of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is necessary to know the purpose they play to figure out the interest of keeping them in good state. The shock absorbers on your Renault Scenic 2 are component of the security features. In reality, they are the ones that will make certain that your car has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the vehicle evenly. Also the shock absorbers assure the driving comfort of your Renault Scenic 2 , if they are used up you will get tired faster and therefore getting behind the wheel your vehicle will be more risky. Finally, having shock absorbers in bad state will accelerate the wear of other components such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to change shock absorbers Renault Scenic 2?
We will now discover the component that will certainly bring you to this content page, when to change the shock absorbers of his Renault Scenic 2? After having discovered the value of having shock absorbers in good state, we will show you how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this change.
For this, there are not a lot of possibilities, nevertheless we will list the different ways to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Renault Scenic 2, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a motor vehicle have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Renault Scenic 2, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is a reliable way to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Renault Scenic 2. Obviously, this thorough control of your motor vehicle (specifically since its evolution in 2019) allows to make a good check-up of the state of a car. Obviously, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some know-how in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you find out that your Renault Scenic 2 squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not think twice to examine our content page dedicated to this issue. One of these signs can notify you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to change them.
- Place your Renault Scenic 2 on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not hesitate to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can notify you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Renault Scenic 2, in actual fact if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to change the dampers of your Renault Scenic 2 .
Price to change shock absorbers Renault Scenic 2
And to conclude this article we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Renault Scenic 2 . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a professional, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers change on Renault Scenic 2 by a professional: If you change the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle at a professional, we recommend you if you have a small budget to go rather to a motor vehicle center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the garage area of your Renault Scenic 2 dealership. Nevertheless, if you have a Renault Scenic 2 with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the kind of garage area and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Renault Scenic 2 on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the change yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make real savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not hesitate to check out the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to change the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, stick to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
To get more tips on the Renault Scenic 2, take a look at the Renault Scenic 2 category.