Shock absorbers are one of the most vital components of a car’s performance, so it’s necessary to ensure they’re always in good functioning conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4007? That’s exactly why our team has posted this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is necessary to replace the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4007, and finally, what is the price to replace them.
Why replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4007?
Before explaining to you when changing the dampers of your Peugeot 4007 , we will discover why it can be necessary to replace them. It is not easy to evaluate the state of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is necessary to know the purpose they play to understand the benefit of keeping them in good state. The shock absorbers on your Peugeot 4007 are part of the safety features. The fact is, they are the ones that will assure that your car has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the vehicle evenly. In addition the shock absorbers ensure the driving comfort of your Peugeot 4007 , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and consequently getting behind the wheel your vehicle will be more risky. At last, having shock absorbers in bad state will accelerate the wear of other parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4007?
We will now discover the part that will obviously bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Peugeot 4007? After having discovered the benefit of having shock absorbers in good state, we will describe how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this replace.
To do this, there are not quite a lot of possibilities, nevertheless we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Peugeot 4007, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Peugeot 4007, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is a good method to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4007. Indeed, this thorough control of your car (especially since its evolution in 2019) allows to produce a good check-up of the state of a vehicle. Indeed, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some knowledge in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you identify that your Peugeot 4007 squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not be reluctant to examine our article dedicated to this trouble. One of these symptoms can warn you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Peugeot 4007 on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can warn you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Peugeot 4007, in fact if you identify abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a indicator of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Peugeot 4007 .
Price to replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4007
And to conclude this content page we will now see what is the price of changing shock absorbers on a Peugeot 4007 . We’re going to separate in two auto parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them mounted by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Peugeot 4007 by a specialist: If you replace the shock absorbers of your car at a specialist, we suggest you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the mechanic of your Peugeot 4007 dealership. However, if you have a Peugeot 4007 with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the kind of mechanic and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Peugeot 4007 on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make serious savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to check out the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, follow the link to get the prices and the different models available.
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 4007, take a look at the Peugeot 4007 category.