Taking care of your car is very important in these modern times, obviously, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take note of signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Kia Sportage . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Kia Sportage corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Kia Sportage? .
Seat belt indicator light on Kia Sportage
So we commence with the article content about the safety belt light on Kia Sportage . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the task of notifying the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Kia Sportage is turned on. It can be connected with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will have the ability to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to ensure that you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Kia Sportage?
We will now move on to the abnormal factors for the belt light to switch on Kia Sportage . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are effectively fastened although you are driving in your Kia Sportage, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Kia Sportage belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is most likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Kia Sportage?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Kia Sportage , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Kia Sportage .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event you have been capable to distinguish that your light problem is due to a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as often a simple shopping bag can induce the sensor and come on the belt light on your Kia Sportage. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can locate some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to take a look at your Kia Sportage’s interior fuse box.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Kia Sportage, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sportage category.