Keeping an eye on your vehicle is very important nowadays, obviously, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not take note of signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the theme we are going to speak about on this webpage, one of the indications that most interferes with car owners is the seat belt indicator light on BMW i3 . In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on BMW i3 points, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on BMW i3? .
Seat belt indicator light on BMW i3
So we start with the article about the security belt light on BMW i3 . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the objective of notifying the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your BMW i3 is turned on. It can be connected with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to make sure you are aware of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at BMW i3?
We will now move on to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on BMW i3 . In time, it should just be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different concerns you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unintentionally with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are effectively fastened while you are driving in your BMW i3, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The BMW i3 belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is very likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on BMW i3?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your BMW i3 , we will try to give you the solutions that you can solve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your BMW i3 .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event that you have been able to identify that your light issue is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and come on the belt light on your BMW i3. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a repair shop to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not working effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can locate some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is causing your problems, you’ll need to check out your BMW i3’s interior fuse box.
To discover more tips on the BMW i3, take a look at the BMW i3 category.