Taking care of your car is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Volkswagen Polo 3 . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first explain the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Volkswagen Polo 3, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Volkswagen Polo 3
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Volkswagen Polo 3, we will explain what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Volkswagen Polo 3. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Volkswagen Polo 3 . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Volkswagen Polo 3
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re almost certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Volkswagen Polo 3? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good working conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Volkswagen Polo 3 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most expensive, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Volkswagen Polo 3 you should know that the services are always considerably more costly. We ensure you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Volkswagen Polo 3 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Volkswagen Polo 3 while lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Volkswagen Polo 3 in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some experience the procedure is not very complex and you will find guides on the internet. To achieve this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Volkswagen Polo 3?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Volkswagen Polo 3 are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Volkswagen Polo 3:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Volkswagen Polo 3, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 3, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 3 category.