Caring for your vehicle is necessary, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these maintenance works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Renault Grand Scenic 4 . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact cost, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Renault Grand Scenic 4, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Renault Grand Scenic 4
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Renault Grand Scenic 4, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Renault Grand Scenic 4. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Renault Grand Scenic 4 . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Renault Grand Scenic 4
We’ll now move on to the part you’re almost certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Renault Grand Scenic 4? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is necessary to have them in good working order. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Renault Grand Scenic 4 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most expensive, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Renault Grand Scenic 4 you should know that the services are always considerably more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Renault Grand Scenic 4 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Renault Grand Scenic 4 while minimizing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Renault Grand Scenic 4 in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some expertise the process is not very difficult and you will locate tutorials on the net. To do this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Renault Grand Scenic 4?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Renault Grand Scenic 4 are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can alert you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Renault Grand Scenic 4:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Renault Grand Scenic 4, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Renault Grand Scenic 4, take a look at the Renault Grand Scenic 4 category.