Taking care of your automobile is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unexpected expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Peugeot Rifter . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Peugeot Rifter, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Peugeot Rifter
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Peugeot Rifter, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Peugeot Rifter. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Peugeot Rifter . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Peugeot Rifter
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re most certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Peugeot Rifter? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the car it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Peugeot Rifter and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Peugeot Rifter you should know that the services are constantly substantially higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Peugeot Rifter at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Peugeot Rifter although reducing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Peugeot Rifter in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some experience the task is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the net. To do so, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Peugeot Rifter?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Peugeot Rifter are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Peugeot Rifter:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Peugeot Rifter, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Rifter, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Rifter category.