Caring for your car is important, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unexpected expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Nissan Sentra . Regardless if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Nissan Sentra, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Nissan Sentra
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Nissan Sentra, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Nissan Sentra. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Nissan Sentra . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Nissan Sentra
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re almost certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Nissan Sentra? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Nissan Sentra and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most high-priced, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Nissan Sentra you should know that the services are always significantly more costly. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Nissan Sentra at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Nissan Sentra although lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Nissan Sentra in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some knowledge the operation is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the web. To do this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Nissan Sentra?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Nissan Sentra are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can alert you to the need to change the brake discs on your Nissan Sentra:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Nissan Sentra, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Nissan Sentra, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Sentra category.