Taking care of your vehicle is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Mercedes Sprinter . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Mercedes Sprinter, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Mercedes Sprinter
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Mercedes Sprinter, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Mercedes Sprinter. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Mercedes Sprinter . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Mercedes Sprinter
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re most likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Mercedes Sprinter? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good functioning conditions. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Mercedes Sprinter and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Mercedes Sprinter you should know that the services are always significantly more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Mercedes Sprinter at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent mechanic is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Mercedes Sprinter while limiting the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Mercedes Sprinter in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some experience the process is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the internet. To achieve this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Mercedes Sprinter?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Mercedes Sprinter are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Mercedes Sprinter:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Mercedes Sprinter, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To find more tips on the Mercedes Sprinter, take a look at the Mercedes Sprinter category.