Looking after your vehicle is important, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service works are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Land Rover Evoque . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first explain the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Land Rover Evoque, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Land Rover Evoque
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Land Rover Evoque, we will explain what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make certain your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Land Rover Evoque. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Land Rover Evoque . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Land Rover Evoque
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most certainly most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Land Rover Evoque? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Land Rover Evoque and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most high-priced, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Land Rover Evoque you should know that the services are always considerably higher priced. We ensure you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Land Rover Evoque at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Land Rover Evoque while lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Land Rover Evoque in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the process is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the net. For this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Land Rover Evoque?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Land Rover Evoque are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can alert you to the need to change the brake discs on your Land Rover Evoque:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Land Rover Evoque, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more guides on the Land Rover Evoque, go to our Land Rover Evoque category.