Caring for your car is essential, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Hyundai Bayon . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first describe the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Hyundai Bayon, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Hyundai Bayon
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Hyundai Bayon, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Hyundai Bayon. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, very often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Hyundai Bayon . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Hyundai Bayon
We’ll now move on to the part you’re most likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Hyundai Bayon? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is essential to have them in good functioning conditions. We are going to detail the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Hyundai Bayon and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Hyundai Bayon you should know that the services are constantly substantially more pricey. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Hyundai Bayon at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Hyundai Bayon although reducing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Hyundai Bayon in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some knowledge the operation is not very difficult and you will discover guides on the web. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Hyundai Bayon?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Hyundai Bayon are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can inform you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Hyundai Bayon:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Hyundai Bayon, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Bayon, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Bayon category.