Looking after your car is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Citroen C8 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first explain the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Citroen C8, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Citroen C8
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Citroen C8, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Citroen C8. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, frequently equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Citroen C8 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Citroen C8
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Citroen C8? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the car it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Citroen C8 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Citroen C8 you should know that the services are always substantially more pricey. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Citroen C8 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Citroen C8 while limiting the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Citroen C8 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some experience the process is not very difficult and you will locate courses on the net. To do this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Citroen C8?
As we explained in the introduction, the brake discs on your Citroen C8 are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Citroen C8:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Citroen C8, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To discover more tips on the Citroen C8, take a look at the Citroen C8 category.