Looking after your car is important, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Audi Q8 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first explain the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Audi Q8, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Audi Q8
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Audi Q8, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and make certain your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Audi Q8. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Audi Q8 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Audi Q8
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Audi Q8? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to detail the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Audi Q8 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the priciest, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Audi Q8 you should know that the services are constantly substantially higher priced. We guarantee you an expertise which is not constantly there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Audi Q8 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Audi Q8 although reducing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Audi Q8 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the task is not very complex and you will discover courses on the internet. To accomplish this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Audi Q8?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Audi Q8 are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can alert you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Audi Q8:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Audi Q8, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
In the event that you have any further questions about the Audi Q8, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q8 category.