Taking care of your automobile is essential, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service works are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Acura TLX . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Acura TLX, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Acura TLX
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Acura TLX, we will show you what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make sure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Acura TLX. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, frequently equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Acura TLX . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Acura TLX
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most certainly most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Acura TLX? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the car it is essential to have them in good functioning order. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Acura TLX and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most high-priced, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Acura TLX you should know that the services are constantly substantially higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Acura TLX at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Acura TLX while limiting the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Acura TLX in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the operation is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the web. To do so, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Acura TLX?
As we explained in the introduction, the brake discs on your Acura TLX are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Acura TLX:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Acura TLX, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any further questions about the Acura TLX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura TLX category.