We continue our series of content articles on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Audi Rs6 ignition . Particularly annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from using your car. We will so do everything we can to help you fix this problem as quickly as possible. To do this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Audi Rs6 is stuck? And, at last, how to unblock the key stuck in your Audi Rs6 ignition.
What’s the intent of my Audi Rs6’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Audi Rs6 is a secureness element. Its goal is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is placed on the steering column of your car, invented in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Audi Rs6 from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we quite often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Audi Rs6 ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Audi Rs6 ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve described what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Audi Rs6 that is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our article on this subject matter. A neiman is not a wearing part that you replace repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it due to regular wear and tear. In this article are the different explanations of a ignition that locks on Audi Rs6 :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Audi Rs6 : As we said earlier, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become filled with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from working effectively. In this case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks entirely.
- An element of the ignition of your Audi Rs6 that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we mention the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Audi Rs6: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Audi Rs6 ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for dealing with a key stuck in your Audi Rs6 ignition . According to the source of your problem the solutions will not be similar, discover them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Audi Rs6 is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a couple of minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Audi Rs6.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a faulty element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a expert who will as well have to give you a new key to start your Audi Rs6.
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi Rs6, go to our Audi Rs6 category.