Keeping an eye on your car is important in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle withering away. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Renault Clio 2 Campus dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Renault Clio 2 Campus corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Renault Clio 2 Campus? .
What does the key light on Renault Clio 2 Campus mean?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Renault Clio 2 Campus dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important function of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Renault Clio 2 Campus , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the origin of this issue the best solution will be to run your Renault Clio 2 Campus through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this procedure, you can locate all the needed information to accomplish this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the most important warning announcements it can send you:
- An oil change done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change on your own, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Renault Clio 2 Campus, here is the procedure to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Renault Clio 2 Campus is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most common cause of an orange wrench light on Renault Clio 2 Campus is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Renault Clio 2 Campus is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications described in the previous part and therefore what to do if I find out the wrench light on your Renault Clio 2 Campus? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described earlier in this article, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Renault Clio 2 Campus will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to accomplish this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to verify your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Renault Clio 2 Campus, we made a guide to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Renault Clio 2 Campus , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
If you have any further questions about the Renault Clio 2 Campus, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Clio 2 Campus category.