Keeping an eye on your vehicle is important nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your motor vehicle withering away. This is exactly the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the indications that most interferes with motorists is the key indicator light on Ford Kuga dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Ford Kuga points, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Ford Kuga? .
What does the key light on Ford Kuga mean?
So we begin our content page with the meaning of a key indicator light on Ford Kuga dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Ford Kuga , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Ford Kuga through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this procedure, you can locate all the necessary info to accomplish this action in our dedicated content page. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning information it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Ford Kuga, here is the procedure to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Ford Kuga is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most basic trigger of an orange wrench light on Ford Kuga is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Ford Kuga is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our content page and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems pointed out in the previous part and consequently what to do if I see the wrench light on your Ford Kuga? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned before, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Ford Kuga will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content page to accomplish this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to verify your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Ford Kuga, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Ford Kuga , we hope this content page has helped you solve your problem.
To find more tips on the Ford Kuga, take a look at the Ford Kuga category.