Paying attention to your vehicle is essential in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the subject we are going to speak about in this article, one of the symptoms that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Buick Lucerne dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Buick Lucerne corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Buick Lucerne? .
What does the key light on Buick Lucerne mean?
So we start our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Buick Lucerne dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Buick Lucerne , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the source of this issue the best solution will be to run your Buick Lucerne through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this procedure, you can locate all the needed info to execute this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning messages it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change on your own, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Buick Lucerne, here is the procedure to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Buick Lucerne is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Buick Lucerne is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Buick Lucerne is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems mentioned in the previous part and therefore how to handle it if I see the wrench light on your Buick Lucerne? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we revealed previously, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Buick Lucerne will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to execute this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to examine your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on as a result of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Buick Lucerne, we done a guide to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue comes from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Buick Lucerne , we hope this article has helped you solve your issue.
To find more tips on the Buick Lucerne, take a look at the Buick Lucerne category.