Having a issue with your car is basic, because regrettably recent vehicles are more and more complex and consequently at the mercy of more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Chevrolet Cruze . This is a issue that is specially annoying because it can sooner or later bring your vehicle to non starting or damaged engine unit. To do this, first we will find out how injection functions, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Chevrolet Cruze injectors , and finally, how to solve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Chevrolet Cruze?
So we begin our article by promptly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the information you need to discover the failure associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Chevrolet Cruze manages the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Chevrolet Cruze. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Chevrolet Cruze?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection complications and their symptoms that you may possibly confront on your Chevrolet Cruze .
Injection pump complications Chevrolet Cruze
To begin, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Chevrolet Cruze, there are not many of them, they are quite often chronic but we will outline them down below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Chevrolet Cruze.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Chevrolet Cruze: If you have a major leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the results and symptoms of a fuel pump issue on a Chevrolet Cruze , you will obviously feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Chevrolet Cruze
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Chevrolet Cruze . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Chevrolet Cruze injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Chevrolet Cruze injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Chevrolet Cruze HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the symptoms of injector complications on your Chevrolet Cruze it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection issue on a Chevrolet Cruze?
To conclude our content page on the injection complications on Chevrolet Cruze , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise investigation it’s your injection pump that is the cause of your complications, it will regrettably be very complicated to intervene on the trouble without changing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a issue with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Chevrolet Cruze, do not be reluctant to consult our article on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Chevrolet Cruze, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
To get more tips on the Chevrolet Cruze, take a look at the Chevrolet Cruze category.