Having a problem with your car is traditional, because regrettably recent vehicles are more and more difficult and therefore be subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Bmw 1 series . This is a problem that is particularly bothersome because it can ultimately bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine unit. To do this, first we will discover how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Bmw 1 series injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the aim of the injection of a Bmw 1 series?
So we start our article by quickly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to figure out the failure affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Bmw 1 series controls the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Bmw 1 series. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Bmw 1 series?
Now in this second part, we are going to explore the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may confront on your Bmw 1 series .
Injection pump complications Bmw 1 series
To start, we will discover the injection pump complications on your Bmw 1 series, there are not many of them, they are often persistent but we will detail them below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Bmw 1 series.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Bmw 1 series: If you have a major leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a Bmw 1 series , you will undoubtedly experience, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Bmw 1 series
Now we move on to the injector problems on Bmw 1 series . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may encounter:
- Dirty Bmw 1 series injectors: This can happen due to poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Bmw 1 series injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Bmw 1 series HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Bmw 1 series it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection problem on a Bmw 1 series?
To finish our article content on the injection complications on Bmw 1 series , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the cause of your complications, it will regrettably be very difficult to intervene on the problem without replacing the part, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and in some cases the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Bmw 1 series, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to change it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Bmw 1 series, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
To discover more tips on the Bmw 1 series, take a look at the Bmw 1 series category.