Recent vehicles represent an increasing budget, whether it is due to maintenance or the unforeseen breakdowns associated with all the new technology included in cars. We usually tend to be anxious rapidly about the smallest sign of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Kia Rio has to be dealt with quickly, otherwise it will get worse and affect ancillary components. In this article we are going to check out the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Kia Rio that vibrates at idle. First we will try to figure out why your Kia Rio is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Kia Rio having idle vibrations?
So we commence our guideline with the origins of a Kia Rio that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to have a look at the components that can provoke this tremor. We will specifically give attention to the fact that your Kia Rio only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Kia Rio vibrations don’t be reluctant to read our guideline which relates to this problem. We can already eliminate some parts as possible in charge of this problem. Obviously, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be informed, however, that diesel engines usually tend to vibrate much more than petrol engines, especially older vehicles.
Nevertheless, the bad news is that the reason your Kia Rio is shaking at idle is direct associated with your engine. The main causes of this vibration are frequently associated with the fuel supply of the car, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main sources of this vibration and their outcomes on the performance of your Kia Rio:
- Injection: If the injection of your car is affected and it motives trembling, you should come to feel some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, however, it is the ignition of your car that is struggling, regardless it comes from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will come to feel concerns in the performance of your engine. In truth, there will be sparks that don’t happen and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t function.
- Engine silent blocks: The least bothersome cause of a Kia Rio shaking at idle is surely the engine silent blocks. They are a sort of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they usually tend to lose their task and therefore the vibrations caused by your engine increase
What if my Kia Rio is vibrating at idle?
Let’s proceed to the next step, now that you have been able to track down the source of your problem or at least to lower the possible motives, we will show you to you that there are solutions available to solve each of these concerns.
- Injection: If your injection is the cause, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the problem is moderate and only a few impurities block their proper functioning, you can overcome it without going to your workshop. If this is not enough, you will have to consider a whole cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is causing your Kia Rio’s idle vibrations, you will need to pass the car through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact problem. And consider a replacement of malfunctioning parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last cause of vibration at standstill on your Kia Rio is that the vibration comes from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In truth, replacing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your workshop to make this change and prevent your Kia Rio from shaking at idle.
Here are the main causes and solutions to solve your problem of vibration at idle on Kia Rio, if in addition to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
If you wish more guides on the Kia Rio, go to our Kia Rio category.