Certain features on our vehicles allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS built in in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any problems. Nevertheless the road network is frequently developing, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Skoda Enyaq , and this is exactly what we will discover in this article. To do so, first we will talk about the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Skoda Enyaq .
How does onboard GPS function in a Skoda Enyaq
In this section we will discover how the GPS of a Skoda Enyaq works and what are the different types of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many benefits that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is built in directly into the dashboard of your Skoda Enyaq makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked with your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is often, in accordance with the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Connected to your sound system, it can be coupled to music and just appear when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Skoda Enyaq
After having discovered the positive aspects and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Skoda Enyaq , we will fairly quickly describe the different types of integrated GPS that exist for a Skoda Enyaq, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last kind of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Skoda Enyaq?
We will now move on to the component you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Skoda Enyaq? To do this, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Skoda Enyaq
The old GPS systems found on the Skoda Enyaq until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the method to update this GPS on a Skoda Enyaq is to go to the dealer who will manage it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Skoda Enyaq by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the manufacturers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Skoda Enyaq’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with peace of mind knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Skoda Enyaq, do not hesitate to consult our Skoda Enyaq category.