Certain features on our cars allow you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS built in in your car enables you to stay focused entirely on the road while driving to an unknown place without any problems. However the road network is regularly evolving, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Renault Kadjar , and this is exactly what we will see today. To do this, first we will review the different attributes of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Renault Kadjar .
How does onboard GPS work in a Renault Kadjar
In this section we will see how the GPS of a Renault Kadjar works and what are the different types of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is built in directly into the dashboard of your Renault Kadjar makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your car.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any sort of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, in accordance with the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more safely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Connected to your speakers, it can be coupled to music and just occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Renault Kadjar
After having discovered the positive aspects and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Renault Kadjar , we will quickly illustrate the different kind of integrated GPS that exist for a Renault Kadjar, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last sort of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system integrating Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Renault Kadjar?
We will now move on to the component you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Renault Kadjar? To achieve this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Renault Kadjar
The old GPS systems present on the Renault Kadjar until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Renault Kadjar is to go to the car dealership who will handle it, for a 50 euros in most instances.
Updating the GPS of Renault Kadjar by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Renault Kadjar’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Renault Kadjar, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Kadjar category.