Certain features on our automobiles allow you to benefit from significant driving comfort! Obviously, having a GPS integrated in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road while driving to an unknown place without any complications. Nevertheless the road network is continuously changing, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Peugeot Boxer , and this is exactly what we will see today. To do this, first we will review the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Peugeot Boxer .
How does onboard GPS work in a Peugeot Boxer
In this section we will learn how the GPS of a Peugeot Boxer works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many benefits that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is integrated immediately into the dashboard of your Peugeot Boxer makes it impossible to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any sort of GPS you could use.
- It is often, depending on the year, connected to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more securely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Linked to your speakers, it can be coupled to music and just occur when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Peugeot Boxer
After having seen the positive aspects and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Peugeot Boxer , we will fairly quickly summarize the different sort of built-in GPS that exist for a Peugeot Boxer, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last sort of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Peugeot Boxer?
We will now move on to the component you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Peugeot Boxer? To get this done, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Peugeot Boxer
The old GPS systems found on the Peugeot Boxer until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Peugeot Boxer is to go to the car dealership who will handle it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Peugeot Boxer by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the manufacturers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update immediately through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Peugeot Boxer’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with comfort knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Boxer, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Boxer category.