Certain features on our automobiles allow you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS included in your motor vehicle enables you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any complications. However the road network is regularly developing, it is therefore important to update the GPS of your Mercury Mariner , and this is exactly what we will see in this article. To do this, first we will talk about the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Mercury Mariner .
How does onboard GPS work in a Mercury Mariner
In this section we will discover how the GPS of a Mercury Mariner works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is included straight into the dashboard of your Mercury Mariner makes it impossible to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any sort of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, in accordance with the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more safely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Associated with your sound system, it can be coupled to music and only appear when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Mercury Mariner
After having discovered the advantages and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Mercury Mariner , we will quickly explain the different types of integrated GPS that exist for a Mercury Mariner, here they are:
- The traditional GPS: We call traditional GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are related to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last kind of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Mercury Mariner?
We will now move on to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Mercury Mariner? To do this, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Mercury Mariner
The old GPS systems found on the Mercury Mariner until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Mercury Mariner is to go to the car dealership who will take care of it, for a 50 euros in most instances.
Updating the GPS of Mercury Mariner by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Mercury Mariner’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with peace of mind knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If you have any additional questions about the Mercury Mariner, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Mariner category.