Certain options on our cars allow you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS included in your motor vehicle enables you to stay focused entirely on the road although driving to an unknown place without any complications. Nevertheless the road network is frequently evolving, it is therefore vital to update the GPS of your Jeep Renegade , and this is accurately what we will see today. To do this, first we will talk about the different features of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Jeep Renegade .
How does onboard GPS work in a Jeep Renegade
In this part we will discover how the GPS of a Jeep Renegade works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many features that a smartphone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is included directly into the dashboard of your Jeep Renegade makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is often, in accordance with the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more safely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Associated with your audio system, it can be coupled to music and only happen when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Jeep Renegade
After having seen the advantages and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Jeep Renegade , we will fairly quickly describe the different sort of built-in GPS that exist for a Jeep Renegade, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are linked to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last sort of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system integrating Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and easy to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Jeep Renegade?
We will now proceed to the component you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Jeep Renegade? To do this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Jeep Renegade
The old GPS systems found on the Jeep Renegade until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the method to update this GPS on a Jeep Renegade is to go to the dealer who will take care of it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Jeep Renegade by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Jeep Renegade’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If you wish more tutorials on the Jeep Renegade, go to our Jeep Renegade category.