Certain features on our automobiles enable you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS integrated in your motor vehicle enables you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown place without any complications. Nevertheless the road network is regularly developing, it is consequently vital to update the GPS of your Chrysler 200 , and this is exactly what we will discover in this article. To do this, first we will review the different features of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Chrysler 200 .
How does onboard GPS work in a Chrysler 200
In this part we will see how the GPS of a Chrysler 200 works and what are the different types of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many benefits that a smartphone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is integrated directly into the dashboard of your Chrysler 200 makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is very often, depending on the year, connected to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Connected to your speakers, it can be coupled to music and just appear when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Chrysler 200
After having seen the advantages and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Chrysler 200 , we will fairly quickly describe the different types of built-in GPS that exist for a Chrysler 200, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are connected to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last sort of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Chrysler 200?
We will now move on to the component you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Chrysler 200? To achieve this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Chrysler 200
The old GPS systems present on the Chrysler 200 until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Chrysler 200 is to go to the car dealership who will manage it, for a 50 euros most of the time.
Updating the GPS of Chrysler 200 by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the manufacturers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Chrysler 200’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with comfort knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chrysler 200, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler 200 category.